We are a small team of volunteers, who choose to dedicate some (a lot) of our free time to Australian and New Zealand cinema. We all come from different backgrounds and bring in many different skills, but we are all united by our love for movies and the passion we put into Down Under Berlin!
Running a festival is not an easy endeavour, but when you are lucky enough to work with the right people, it's the most exciting and rewarding challenge of all. If you think you have your own particular skillset to bring to Down Under Berlin, are pro-active, a teamplayer, and reliable, have a look at the available positions below and send us a message! We would love to hear from you!
We are currently seeking, with immediate effect:
Volunteer – Press/Communications
(in consultation with and under the guidance of the festival directors)
- Preparation and management of editorial content (amongst other things: preparation of press releases in German/English; optional: preparation of website content)
- Management of media contacts
- Social media assistance
- Press clipping
- Contacting media representatives
- Imperative: Attendance during the festival (26-29 September 2019)
- First experiences in press/communications are an advantage
- Passionate about film and film festivals
- Outstanding communication skills (articulate in speech and writing)
- Commitment and dedication, creativity, reliability and sense of responsibility
- Proficient English and German in speech and writing
- Experienced in Google Drive/Docs
- Precise and reliable
- Independent as well as team-oriented
- Ideally experienced in WordPress and Photoshop as well as Adobe Illustrator
- Own PC or laptop
- Time period: with immediate effect until (at least) mid October 2019
- Time frame: at least 10 hours per week
- Unfortunately, we are not able offer any monetary compensation.
- A written testimony can be issued.
- We offer a lot of fun, a lovely team, an insight into the film festival industry and a whole lot of Australian and New Zealand films.
Please email your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org